- Is Dynamic Spiritual Direction therapy, coaching, or financial advice? In its individual and group modalities, Dynamic Spiritual Direction is an examination of your spiritual life and its underlying emotional driving forces. You are welcome to talk about all aspects of your life (relationships, feelings, church, work, among others); however, in the context of the Dynamic Spiritual Direction process, the facilitator does not provide psychotherapy, financial advice, family therapy, occupational counseling. The life decisions you make will be your responsibility.
- Is Dynamic Spiritual Direction confidential? I will hold our conversations in strict confidence. Our time together is sacred. I will not reveal the content of our conversations unless I am required to do so by law or court order. If you are participating in group Dynamic Spiritual Direction, you and the other participants agree not to share outside the group what unfolds within the confines of the group.
- For how long do I have to be in Dynamic Spiritual Direction? This is a question that I will help you answer during an initial consultation. Some individuals stay for one month, others for 6 months or a year; some people stay longer. We revisit this question from time to time. You decide for how long you will be in Dynamic Spiritual Direction.
If you are interested in the group modality, groups meet for 4 consecutive weeks. Your commitment will be to attend each session and engage with the members of the group. After those 4 weeks, if you continue to be interested in Dynamic Spiritual Direction, you may join another group or explore the individual modality.
- How often will I meet with you? We will discuss this during an initial consultation. If you are interested in the individual modality, we can meet on a weekly or biweekly basis. The frequency of our meetings may change as the process progresses or your life circumstances change. On the other hand, if you are participating in a group, the commitment is to attend 4 consecutive weeks.
- What is your fee, and what forms of payment do you accept? My regular fee is $70 per session; sessions are 45 minutes long. The fee for the group modality is $45 per session; sessions are 1 hour 10 minutes. I am flexible and try to accommodate to your needs; therefore, the fee per session will be lower if there are extenuating circumstances. Please contact me for more information. The following forms of payment are acceptable: cash, check, credit & debit cards, PayPal. (There is a $2.50 convenience fee for card transactions.)
- Do I have to go to your office for Dynamic Spiritual Direction? I provide individual Dynamic Spiritual Direction "face to face" in my office located in Manhattan, or online. On the other hand, group Dynamic Spiritual Direction is offered online.