- Is Spiritual Direction therapy, coaching, or financial advice? You are meeting with me as your spiritual director because you want to examine your spiritual life. You are welcome to talk about all aspects of your life (relationships, feelings, church, work, among others); however, in the context of the spiritual direction process I will not provide psychotherapy, financial advice, family therapy, occupational counseling, or any type of intervention that goes beyond the examination of your spiritual life. The life decisions you make will be your responsibility.
- Is Spiritual Direction confidential? I will hold our conversations in strict confidence. Our time together is sacred. I will not reveal the content of our conversations unless I am required to do so by law or court order. On the other hand, you are free to share whatever you choose about our conversations with anyone.
- For how long do I have to be in Spiritual Direction? This is a question that I will help you answer during the initial consultation. Some individuals stay for one month, other for 6 months or a year. Some people stay longer. We revisit this question from time to time. You decide for how long you will be in Spiritual Direction.
- How often will I meet with you? We will discuss this during the initial consultation. Some individuals meet with me on a monthly, biweekly, or weekly basis. The frequency of our meetings may change as the process progresses and your life circumstances change. You decide what frequency works for you.
- What is your fee, and what forms of payment do you accept? My regular fee is $70 per session; sessions are 50 minutes long. However, I am flexible and try to accommodate to your needs. The fee per session will be lower if there are extenuating circumstances; please contact me for more information about my fees. The following forms of payment are acceptable: cash, check, credit & debit cards, Android Pay, Apple Pay. (There is a $2.50 convenience fee for card transactions.)
- Do I have to go to your office for Spiritual Direction? My office is located in Manhattan (see map below). On the other hand, I understand the challenges distance and time may impose on some individuals, therefore, I can provide long distance Spiritual Direction via phone or Skype, if this is something that suits your needs.
The Rev. Edgard Francisco Danielsen-Morales, Ph.D.